Monday, November 15, 1999, 12:23:46 PM, Jast wrote:
>  A reason to keep the message you got it with... in which case you
>  only have to select it and the key gets inserted automatically and
>  you only have to enter the password

    How am I going to access that message on the new machine?  :)

>>     Exactly.  Install a Unix variant, get rid of that pesky registry.

>  If only I could... I agree the registry concept is thoroughly fucked
>  up. Only global settings should be stored in a global database, why
>  do all the Windows programmers not seem to follow this simple concept?
>  It really only makes reinstalling Windows a heck of a hassle. Excuse
>  my venting.

    Because Windows is still considered a single-user environment and people
don't move from one machine to the other.  This is quickly becoming not the
case as computers become more pervasive.  To think, Unix got it right 20-30
years ago yet there are still people who don't get it when others say that
Microsoft has seriously stifled innovation.  :)