Hi there!

On 9 Jan 00, at 11:26, Januk Aggarwal wrote
    about "Re: Pegasus vs. The Bat!":

> >         A good analog of what I'm talking about is the search facility.
>
>  If I understand you correctly, essentially you want to be able to
>  create folders which, when selected, perform a predefined search on
>  your message database, right?

Either this way or another:-) The idea is to be able to have the "folder" (let's
call it virtual folder) that contains the *links* to the messages rather then the
messages themselves. The actual implementation might be anything the
developers like, but it's *essential* that such virtual folder has to contain *links*
to the messages, whereas the messages being linked still stay where they are
(and hence still belong to their respective accounts). Then *if* there are no
virtual folder-specific templates set up, the templates of the account the
message belongs to is used; but if the virtual folder-specific templates *do*
exist, then they should work. Such an idea would make it possible furthermore
to, say, answer to one and the same message using *more* then one
template, which might be useful as well.

Needless to say, that if such a feature existed, it would eliminate any need in
"personalities" altogether, since the user that really wants it would be able to
emulate the "personalities" with it in a pretty simple manner.

> If that's all there is to it, I could see that having huge potential.  You
> mentioned about seeing messages from an individual, or if you have an
> archive, seeing all messages from the archive and the new message folder,
> etc.  That could be very handy. I thought there might be some subtleties, but
> when I performed a search, TB was able to thread messages from different
> folders correctly.

Hence the code necessary is already there (at least, partially:-))

> I don't see any other potential problems, but then again, I don't use this
> facility much anyway. :)

There *might* be some problems: which templates are to be used, etc., etc.,
but this all can be pretty well sorted out...

--
SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---