Hello Keith Russell,
On Tue, 11 Jan 2000 22:35:50 -0700 GMT your local time,
which was Wednesday, January 12, 2000, 12:35:50 PM (GMT+0700) my local time,
Keith Russell wrote:

Keith> Hello, fellow Bat-lovers.

Keith>   The problem I reported six days ago has grown steadily worse.
Keith>   Tonight, The Bat! became impossible to use. I started with 275
Keith>   messages to download. The first three times I tried, it hung on the
Keith>   very first message. It then proceeded to download about 10
Keith>   messages at a time before generating the above error.
Seems more likely a file maintenance/os error then a bat error
secondly if your mail is stuck, use anything else to download so at
least you get your mail and feel better.
Any other crashes from other programs???

Thirdly, have you checked all your directories?. maybe a file is
present which is supposed to be overwritten and which is write
protected.
Or a Anti virus program being triggered while downloading.
as it is, your error seems to say what it is, a file is being created
and cannot. So its something, no space, write protected, too many
files in a box which prevents it.
You could install the BAT in a different place and download from there
and see if it works.
As said above, to me its an OSfile maintenance error

Best regards,

tracer

Using theBAT 1.39 Beta/1

mail to : [EMAIL PROTECTED]