On Wed, 12 Jan 2000 15:13:00 +0700, tracer wrote:

>>>Seems more likely a file maintenance/os error then a bat error
>
>Keith> It actually seems to be a file maintenance error caused, or at least
>facilitated, by The Bat!
>No, its 99% sure a file the bat is trying to write to/create and cannot.
>You could run a find over your system, search for files modified the
>last day and see whats there impacting the bat.

Unfortunately, this started a week ago (approximately). Files change all the time on
my system; this would be really hard to track down. I may give it a try when I have
more time.

>Check the drive on space available (!!!),

First thing I checked. I cleared lots of space and defragged.

>files being write protected
>(unlikely).
>Maybe even a temp directory being corrupted/filled up.

Well, that's a thought. Don't know how a temp directory fills up; isn't that limited
only by disk space? I will try clearing the temp directories, though, and see if it
helps.

[snip]

>rtsp://24.94.117.6/encoder/cameraX.rm
>If you have realaudio maybe THIS makes you feel better and at
>least you can watch something(g)

Thanks. Good thing I have a fast connection; it's been downloading for almost 12
minutes now!

>>>Any other crashes from other programs???
>
>Keith> Sure, all the time. I am runing Windows, right? ;-)
>Well, but depending on what crashes you might be able to see whats
>happening.
>How much space left, swapfile how big and what drive?

Lots of space, swapfile is being managed by Windows. I have only one physical drive.
Swap file is on logical c:, 766 MB free.

>Keith> ALL my directories? You don't know how many directories I have!
>in the bat obviously, the mailfolders.

Oh, okay. Just check for write protection?

>>>as it is, your error seems to say what it is, a file is being created
>>>and cannot. So its something, no space, write protected, too many
>>>files in a box which prevents it.
>
>Keith> Yes, that is what it sounds like, isn't it? But then why does it work the
>second (or third, or fourth) time I try?
>Attachments??

Huh? Please elaborate.

[snip]

>Ok, call it an Os/user related error (g)

Uh.... 8-) (I think)

Keith