Wednesday, January 12, 2000, 8:09:19 AM, Claudius wrote:
> There are different ways to communicate, to write emails, to quote. I
> quote the way I want to. I exchange emails with enough people from
> enough countries with enough experience that I decide how to quote in
> what situation.

    Then sit, down, shut up and understand that in the online community the
way I described quoting is how it is done.

> If you can't cope with my quoting, don't read it.

    If you can't quote properly you *WILL* have problems.

SL>> Because the standard convention in the printed medium when quoting someone is
radically different
SL>> than here.

> Steve, what are you talking about? What convention? I can't believe
> this. 'Change is bad!'

    The convention of the culture that you have entered.  I cannot believe I
still have to argue over this with every newbie that comes into a new culture!

>>> Right! He answered to 'the ideology' with technical aspects, because
>>> there are no visual (or 'ideology') differences!
SL>>     Uh, yes, there are.  Scoring, for one.

> Where?

    Look it up.  I'm tired of explaining how things are to you only to have
you act like a child and decide you don't want to place nice.

> Standard? CUA? Tradition? Is this the reason why you don't want new
> features in TheBat!?

    Partially, yes.  Why should we try to wrestle with problems that were
solved 10 years ago.  Do you constantly question which end of a hammer to use
with a nail?

> You are everywhere talking about conventions, standards. It sounds to me
> that your 'decade and a half' in this 'culture' have made you inflexible.

    I'm actually more flexible that most.

> I help dozens of people from each age to start working with their computer,
> the internet, email, ftp and so on.

    You don't know how sad that makes me considering your utter lack of
respect for the culture, its conventions and standards.

> that make internet easier, but standards and conventions is not all there is
> in live. That black/white glasses is not good....!

    No, it isn't.  However, when dealing with computers conforming to the
standards and conventions means you can communicate effectively.  Throwing
them to the wind means you cannot.

    You're acting like a stuck-up American in China yelling at a Chinaman
thinking that volume will somehow impart the capability of understanding
English on the poor fellow even though *YOU* are the foreigner.

> Your 'standard'-mail really made me look astonished.

    Good.  Hopefully you'll straighten up your act.