Hi tracer,

On  17 January 2000  at  10:33:28 GMT +0700 (which was 03:33 where I
live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote and made these points:

Lone-Wolf>> SEND-  Server reports error. The response is :Bad sequence
Lone-Wolf>> of  commands  (quite  frequently - mail cannot be sent but
Lone-Wolf>> finally gets away after a few tries)

I've  started  having  "send"  troubles since 1.38e. I must admit that
IMHO the problem has been server-side, but I thought I'd mention it to
see if anyone else had seen anything.

I  often  (these  days)  go to send a mail and the Sending dialog just
hangs.  My  SMTP  server  is here, on-site, so I can actually see what
happens.  It  gets two lines into the SMTP protocol and freezes. I can
cancel  the  session  at  either end, but the only way I have found to
make  it  work  in  subsequent  attempts  is to wait for the server to
time-out.  The very next send session works perfectly, hence my theory
that the server is at fault.

Lone-Wolf>> also a new one has popped up:-

Lone-Wolf>> FETCH - Server reports error.  The response is: - ERR[IN USE] Failed
Lone-Wolf>> to lock or parse or multiple access.

t> I have seen this as well a few times but considered it a fluke.
t> On the other hand, besides the Bat having a problem, it could mean
t> what it says: someone else using your mailbox and in MY case that most
t> certainly was the case: my expartner had hacked into mailbox.

Isn't  another  possibility  that  a  previous  connection  got dumped
without a log-off from the POP server?

Cheers,
Marck
--
Marck D. Pearlstone, Consultant Software Engineer
Co-moderator TBUDL / TBBETA discussion lists