Hello Marck D. Pearlstone,
On Mon, 17 Jan 2000 09:04:58 +0000 GMT your local time,
which was Monday, January 17, 2000, 4:04:58 PM (GMT+0700) my local time,
Marck D. Pearlstone wrote:

Marck> I  often  (these  days)  go to send a mail and the Sending dialog just
Marck> hangs.  My  SMTP  server  is here, on-site, so I can actually see what
Marck> happens.  It  gets two lines into the SMTP protocol and freezes. I can
Marck> cancel  the  session  at  either end, but the only way I have found to
Marck> make  it  work  in  subsequent  attempts  is to wait for the server to
Marck> time-out.  The very next send session works perfectly, hence my theory
Marck> that the server is at fault.
Possible as all my passwords were changed a few weeks ago and unlikely
anyone locally except me would know what they are..

Lone-Wolf>>> also a new one has popped up:-

Lone-Wolf>>> FETCH - Server reports error.  The response is: - ERR[IN USE] Failed
Lone-Wolf>>> to lock or parse or multiple access.

Marck> Isn't  another  possibility  that  a  previous  connection  got dumped
Marck> without a log-off from the POP server?
Possible but if it happened here first thing I would do is change
passwords and see if it still happens...
Anything is possible with Thais running computers....
One good reason we are always busy (g).

Best regards,

tracer

Using theBAT 1.39 Beta/1