Hello, the Bat! list recipients,

Monday, January 17, 2000, Thomas Fernandez wrote to Oleg Zalyalov about
Error Messages:

TF> No; this happens to me often. The error message than is: "Server
TF> reports error: previous process active. Press cancel before retrying."
TF> or something like that. I have never found that cancel button, but if
TF> you wait 10 minutes or so, the process will have killed itself. ;-)

There  are no cancel buttons at server. There is command QUIT which it
waits for.

The  responce  of  server means that it has not receive a QUIT command
while  in previous session. Session at POP server is keeped open since
last  entered  command  for  timeout  period  which is set by your POP
provider most frequent, based on my experience is 10 minutes.

First, you have to check how did the previous session finished and why.

Oleg Zalyalov.                         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  Using The Bat! version 1.38e
  under Windows NT 4.0 Build 1381 Service Pack 6