On Monday, January 31, 2000, Allie Martin wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Jan 2000 22:22:57 -0500, Paula Ford wrote:

>>>         Yes, you get a single mail message with each message for the
>>> particular day attached separately.

>> So if a digest contains, say, 30 messages, you receive one mail message
>> with 30 attachments? This sounds tedious to deal with in any mailer.

>         Well no. I tested Pegasus in this regard. Whenever you open a
> MIME digest, a new window opens up listing the messages as if you had
> opened a folder!!

OK, I get it. That does sound nice, but it seems that Pegasus is the
only mailer that does that.

>         Forte" Agent does it differently. It 'bursts' the MIME digest
> into separate messages (if you so choose) into the folder in which you
> download the MIME digest. You may then go through the messages.

For a mailing list, I don't see how this would be much different than
receiving messages individually, then filtering them to a folder.

Frankly, I don't understand why people prefer to receive the plain-text
digests, except that they don't know how to filter messages to folders.
So much easier to deal with separate messages, I think.

--
Paula Ford
The Bat! 1.38e (reg)