Hello Allie,

On  Thursday, February 03, 2000  at  20:11:02 GMT  -0500 (which was 5:11 PM where I
live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] typed:

> On Thu, 3 Feb 2000 16:49:26 -0800, Januk Aggarwal wrote:

> {...snip...}

>>  From there I could select one of these names and addresses and I
>>  would be offered a menu that allows me to select one, add it to my
>>  address book, send a message, and perhaps some other common options
>>  that I have missed.  Now do the same thing for CC: and BCC:

>>  What do others think?

>         You do realize, don't you, that if you place the cursor over
> any address in the headers and hit the right mouse button that a popup
> list will appear offering you to do various things using that
> particular address, including adding it to the address book? :)

When you're *reading* mail? I just tried it and all it offered me was
the cut, copy, paste menu. If I Show Kludges, then I can do what you
say. But I'm trying to avoid using Show Kludges. In general they are
messy and much too much information for day to day viewing. I am
trying to save *some* screen real estate. :)

Plus if you just want to quickly scan the recipient list, there
currently is *no* convenient way.

>         The headers for mail sent privately is not cluttered as say
> listserv headers. The list of CC'd e-mail addresses are usually quite
> readily seen to scan them and do what you wish with particular
> addresses. I do that all the time.

I don't know about that.  The example I gave only had three addresses,
but I routinely get mail with anywhere between 10-20 addressees.
Beyond a certain number the current way is not the most convenient.
As I said, I don't know of a mailer that currently handles this any
better than TB, but it is a feature that I would like to see in some
form.

>         All that I'm getting at is that IMHO, the functionality for
> that which you want to do is already there.

Not fully, see above.

> I don't see the need to implement it in another fashion. ;-/

Maybe you still won't, but maybe now my meaning is a little clearer.
:)

--
Thanks for writing
 Januk