On Thursday, February 03, 2000, Allie Martin wrote:

> OK, you are now unto something. :) Both Agent and X-News have a
> feature that I think would provide you with your solution. They both
> allow you to view, in the body of your messages, aspects of the
> Kludges that may interest the user...

> I have been thinking of making a wish request that the header
> information be placed in the message body text area with a line
> separator, for some time for two reasons:-

I made this feature request myself shortly after getting TB, because
most mailers I have used or tried (except GW, of course) displayed or
had an option to display to a short header at the top of the message
itself.  After all the time I've used TB, I still don't like the way it
displays the header information. To me, it just takes up alot of screen
space and, in general, looks clunky, but, more important, is Januk's
point that there's no functionality to the thing. RIT added the ability
to copy from the header display shortly after a round of discussion on
the TBUDL, but it's still pretty awkward. I routinely deal with received
messages that have long, complex kludges where I have to capture an
address for some purpose that can't be done through templates. I would
find it much faster to be able to work from a short header.

In any event, I think Januk has made a useful point that some easier way
of capturing addresses from the headers to use in email messages or add
to the address book or simply copy somewhere would be a worthwhile
improvement.

--
Paula Ford
The Bat! 1.38e (reg)