Hello Paula Ford,

On Friday, February 04, 2000 at 23:04:10 GMT -0500 (which was 04/02/2000
11:04 GMT +0700 my Local Time) you told to the list:

JDH>>> OK,  you  are now unto something. :) Both Agent and X-News have a
JDH>>> feature  that  I think would provide you with your solution. They
JDH>>> both  allow you to view, in the body of your messages, aspects of
JDH>>> the Kludges that may interest the user...

AM>> I  have  been  thinking  of  making  a wish request that the header
AM>> information  be  placed  in  the message body text area with a line
AM>> separator, for some time for two reasons:-

How  about in another pane (just like in reply editor which have 2 pane)
? That's more "consistent" with TB! style, IMHO.

PF> I made this feature request myself shortly after getting TB, because
PF> most  mailers  I have used or tried (except GW, of course) displayed
PF> or  had  an  option  to  display to a short header at the top of the
PF> message  itself. After all the time I've used TB, I still don't like
PF> the  way it displays the header information. To me, it just takes up
PF> alot  of  screen  space  and,  in  general,  looks clunky, but, more
PF> important,  is  Januk's  point  that there's no functionality to the
PF> thing. RIT added the ability to copy from the header display shortly
PF> after  a  round  of  discussion  on the TBUDL, but it's still pretty
PF> awkward.  I  routinely  deal  with received messages that have long,
PF> complex  kludges where I have to capture an address for some purpose
PF> that can't be done through templates. I would find it much faster to
PF> be able to work from a short header.

Yes, "kludge" on TB! needs to better look. I like Eudora light style, we
can  see the whole header or some of them (I saw some bugs on Eudora Pro
4.2.x in this matter, all header consist  with URL: not seen there).

PF> In any event, I think Januk has made a useful point that some easier
PF> way of capturing addresses from the headers to use in email messages
PF> or  add  to  the  address  book  or simply copy somewhere would be a
PF> worthwhile improvement.

That's also OK for me.

--
- Syafril -
Name    : Syafril Hermansyah     | Company : Duta Integrasi Pratama

Using The Bat! 1.41 / Beta1 under Windows NT 5.0 Build 2195

Created : Friday, February 04, 2000, 12:16:07