On Sun, 13 Feb 2000 02:38:35 -0800, Januk Aggarwal wrote:

>  But that is a question of whether or not you can speak TB's language.
>  I don't claim to be fluent, but in general it only does what you tell
>  it to do.  If you go to Quebec and ask for directions, you should
>  expect that they might be in French.  Does that make them invalid?
>  No, you need to learn the language.  Do I think that it is an
>  intuitive language?  No, it could be a heck of a lot simpler.

        Speaking of learning TB!'s language, the editor with
'autoformat' enabled is another instance of having to learn the
language and you in fact do if you leave it enabled for a while. When
you learn it you realised that it's really very nicely optimised for
plain text e-mail messaging.

        Moving back and forth from an editor or word processor with
the standard cursor movements limitations etc. is no problem
whatsoever. I guess it's like speaking two languages fluently.

        TB!'s keyboard navigation is another thing for me. I resist
learning it because I simply *KNOW* that there is no reason whatsoever
for it to be so cranky and awkward. There would have been no problems
if the most used functions were given easily used (single key)
keyboard shortcuts but the worst move of them all was to give the
'quick search' facility 26 keyboard shortcuts that could have been
used for other things. :(

--
 CU, Allie ...
Using The Bat! v1.39 *:* Windows NT4.0 (Service Pack 6)