Hello, Alexander,

On Monday, February 14, 2000, you wrote:

>>  But for people who are used to languages with many more symbols
>>  than English, is it really that bad?

AVK> For Russian, it _is_. It's all the same as for you.

     I use a Japanese keyboard and, like Alexander, I don't see what
     that has to do with anything in this discussion.

     In fact, some of the best keyboard-based email interfaces are
     found among the Japanese programs, and some of the worst are
     English-language programs like Poco or Outlook Express or
     Calypso.

     In terms of keyboard interface alone (quite apart for the
     question of whether it sucks or not as a news reader), though,
     Forte Agent is one of the models that other programs could well
     emulate, as Tom noted, because of its emphasis on single-key
     operations, super-efficient navigation, and offering a certain
     degree of choice without becoming too confusing.

--
Yours,
  John De Hoog, Tokyo