Hello John,

On  Sunday, February 13, 2000  at  10:31:18 GMT +0900 (which was 5:31 PM where I
live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] typed:

> Hello, Alexander,

> On Monday, February 14, 2000, you wrote:

>>>  But for people who are used to languages with many more symbols
>>>  than English, is it really that bad?

AVK>> For Russian, it _is_. It's all the same as for you.

>      I use a Japanese keyboard and, like Alexander, I don't see what
>      that has to do with anything in this discussion.

 This branch of the tread seems to have gone into the validity of TB's
 keyboard mappings.  Alexander was just pointing out that my reasoning
 was flawed.

>      In terms of keyboard interface alone (quite apart for the
>      question of whether it sucks or not as a news reader), though,
>      Forte Agent is one of the models that other programs could well
>      emulate, as Tom noted, because of its emphasis on single-key
>      operations, super-efficient navigation, and offering a certain
>      degree of choice without becoming too confusing.

 RIT has said that customizable keyboard mappings would be available
 in Version 2.  Hopefully they make it so that if one person comes up
 with a good one, it can be distributed and imported onto other
 computers very easily.  That could easily be done if the mapping
 information is stored in an appropriate ASCII file.

--
Thanks for writing
 Januk

 Using The Bat! 1.39