On Sun, 13 Feb 2000 03:04:36 -0800, Tom Plunket wrote:

> Well, one thing that's really handy is the single-key read.  However,
> if I want to jump to the message list, I can also hit '2'.  If I want
> to head over to the group/folder list, I hit '1'.  To the message
> pane, I hit '3'.  Now that seems crazy perhaps, it did to me when I
> first heard about it.

        It's not so crazy when you hit 'Z' which switches you to the
zoomed look where the message list, message view and subscribe/folder
list are tabbed and each take up the whole window. The subscribed
groups/folder window is invoked with '1' because it's the first tabbed
window and the message list is invoked with '2' because it's the
second tabbed window etc.

        This makes me realise that quick search in TB! is given 36!
and not 26! keyboard shortcuts to invoke it instead of one, for
example, CTRL+Q anyone? After hitting Ctrl+Q, then you type your
search string anyone??? :)

>   However, now that I know it's there, I don't need to know which
> pane has focus to decide if I need to Tab or Shift-Tab, I can just
> jump directly to the pane I want without thought.  This is one of
> those "saves a microsecond" kind of things, but it makes the UI that
> much more friendly.  I don't need to hit Tab and see if I'm in the
> right pane, I just hit '1'.  Then up/down through the
> groups/folders, and ding-dong, I'm set.

N for next unread message

R for reply to message

F to forward message

Up/down arrow for cursor independent scrolling simply because the
Agent developers decided to make the scroll-lock key useable. Have the
scroll-lock activated in the message body view window and your
scrolling with just the arrow keys. There are many other single key
shortcuts but hardly any single key shortcuts in TB! because ....

--
 CU, Allie ...
Using The Bat! v1.39 *:* Windows NT4.0 (Service Pack 6)