A Chara Allie,

AM> On Wed, 16 Feb 2000 14:55:59 -0800, Januk Aggarwal wrote:

>>  Or if you want a little more space than that,
>>  http://www.freediskspace.com/Index.asp

AM>         I've never really subscribed to one of these freespace
AM> servers. How do they make these things worthwhile for themselves?
AM> Banner ads at the website and in your inbox? :)

I had not used these 'freespace servers' until last year either. I too
wondered what they got out of it and what the catch was also, but in
the end put my reservations aside and signed up to one via a FREE ISP
providing fictitious details. Fortunately, I found that I have not
been inundated with SPAM and the mailbox of the free ISP is always
clean. So heh heh! Take advantage. USe what's there to your advantage.

On the other hand, many people prefer not to make use of free space
preferring to keep all things local. I, and many others like me, use
these 'places' as a neutral warehouse facility where everyone you
choose is free to upload and download files making them available to
all. I really don't fancy sending emails to 12 people with a 6mb file
attached to each. One 6MB upload and an email with a link solves all
problems.

People are very suspicious (and often quite rightly) about anything
for free, but forget to weigh up the bad points against the benefits.
We can often look a gift horse in the mouth.

Slan,

 Simon                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

L’homme est bien insensé. Il ne saurait forger un ciron, et forge des Dieux à
douzaines!

(Man is quite insane. He cannot create a maggot, and he creates Gods by the dozen)

MONTAIGNE 1533-1592