Hello Thomas & all fellow TBUDL members,

Thursday, March 09, 2000, 8:17:55 PM, Thomas wrote in response to my saying:

DH>> You mean an anti-virus application? I have at guard installed
DH>> but it's usually disabled.

TF> Now that's pretty fatalistic. Just today I got the old Pretty Park
TF> virus again in an email. I suggest you leave your AV protection up and
TF> running - and updated. ;-)

AtGuard is usually disabled but the AV is never disabled.

DH>> this happens when resources are low and the screen redraws very
DH>> slowly. Often shutting down TB! helps postpone my rebooting a bit,
DH>> if I delete the .tmp before reopening it.

TF> There was a problem with TB leaving all sorts of garbage in the tmp
TF> directory, but I think that's been solved. My tmp is empty now when I
TF> close TB.

I just had TB! freeze on me but my resources were down to 3% (I
haven't rebooted today and maybe yesterday either). So I shut down a
word processor I opened to view a word attachment and killed the *.tmp
files in C:\ some of which were TB!s) and was up to 23% again. I'll
still have to reboot before long. It's at 18% now.

Douglas