Hello István & all fellow TBUDL members,

Saturday, March 11, 2000, 5:35:04 AM, István wrote in response to the
AtGuard issue:

IS> I have tested a number of firewalls (Conseal, ZoneAlarm among them)
IS> and AtGuard beats them all.

IS> It is certainly not for the average user but the control it gives over
IS> what to block and what to pass is next to perfect.

IS> Initially I tried starting it when connecting and stopping it when
IS> going off-line, and this *did* freeze my system (Win98).

Mine doesn't freeze from that. (old Win95) I just enabled it.

IS> I agree with tracer that a firewall should not be started/stopped
IS> continuously.

I didn't catch that. Reason(s)?

IS> AtGuard can be disabled with a right-click anyway.

AtGuard can also be enabled with a right-click anyway. Now running
enabled. I'll leave it like that for now - but will be logging off
soon - and if the electricity goes out for longer than the ups lasts,
I don't think it out to boot up with a computer that's not on line -
or would that matter?

IS> I am sure sorry to see it go.

It didn't go far. There are still url's around for it - I'll see if I
can find one for you tonight.

Douglas