On Wed, 3 May 2000 01:25:04 +0400, Alexander V. Kiselev wrote:

8<

> In my previous message I suggested that the indented line should be
> considered as the paragraph _boundary_, note further that I suggested
> this  only as a quick fix to what we have right now (see also below).
> This would  mean the following: if I have the text formatted this way:

>   some text

> then start typing immediately after the word "text" above, the "autoformat" _is_
> active all right (again, download and install WinEdt to understand what I mean:
> this program can be configured to behave exactly this way!). This means that
> eventually I get:

>   some text some text some text some text some text some text some text some
> text some text some text some text some text some text some text some text
> some text some text some text some text some text some text some text some
> text

> Now look further. _If_ I now place my cursor this way:

> <cursor is here>
>   some text some text some text some text some text some text some text some
> text some text

> and start typing, the new input _is_not_ considered as the part of the "some
> text" paragraph, since indented line is considered as a paragraph break. This
> means that the text I type in is considered a _separate_ paragraph and
> autowrapped as such.

OK, I understand what you were saying and see that it will indeed work
though in a limited fashion. It was a problem with the wording of what you
had said.

I hope that this point comes clear of all this 'colourful' discussion. :-)

Although Alex's suggestion will work with creating paragraphs not
separated by a blank line but each indented, it would be limited in scope
because this fix would still lead to the inability to create lists like
this:

allie
martin
using
the
bat

<CNTRL><SHIFT><F> toggle still has to be used.

--
© 2000 Allie Martin       /*\       Using TB! v1.42 Beta/20 on Win2k Pro
---