Wednesday, May 03, 2000, 9:26:41 AM, Michael wrote:
> Yes, Steve's message was rude.  But: Apart from the flaming I can't find
> any wrong statement in there.  He's not being nice, but he's right with
> what he's saying in terms of the topic.

    Trust me, the moderators have dinged me for it.  I won't say they were
outside their bounds but I also stand with the message as I wrote it.  To
completely and utterly misstate what I had said is inexcusable and he got what
he deserved.  You're right, aside from the flamage it is technically sound.
If I were in a better mood I would have maybe provided some actual code of
mine from work where the input was ASCII, the output was ASCII but the
manipulation of the data was something else.  ASCII, like everything else, is
just a representation of data.  It is the data that is important, not the
representation.  :)