Greetings Steve!

On  Wednesday, May 03, 2000  at  10:01:32 GMT -0700 (which was 10:01 AM where you
think I live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] typed:

SL> Wednesday, May 03, 2000, 9:26:41 AM, Michael wrote:
>> Yes, Steve's message was rude.  But: Apart from the flaming I can't find
>> any wrong statement in there.  He's not being nice, but he's right with
>> what he's saying in terms of the topic.

SL>     Trust me, the moderators have dinged me for it.  I won't say they were
SL> outside their bounds but I also stand with the message as I wrote it.  To
SL> completely and utterly misstate what I had said is inexcusable and he got what
SL> he deserved.  You're right, aside from the flamage it is technically sound.
SL> If I were in a better mood I would have maybe provided some actual code of
SL> mine from work where the input was ASCII, the output was ASCII but the
SL> manipulation of the data was something else.  ASCII, like everything else, is
SL> just a representation of data.  It is the data that is important, not the
SL> representation.  :)

Really "get what he deserved" sucks.  I hope this isn't the same logic
as,  "I'm Right, You're Wrong,  Therefore I Win, and You Loose."  I
hate to see people destroyed from their own machismo; because everyone
looses, even if they do not currently see it.

I would hope that everyone's mood changes for the better.  Damn, just
go take a walk for 15 min, or drink some Wadka, there's got to be
something that everyone can do, to avoid negative downward spiral and
eventual flame war.  Whether your right or wrong, should not have to
be cause for a fight, everyone else can decide if your right or wrong
for his/herself and come to their own conclusions.   There ought to be
a unwritten law that if your really mad at someone that you SIT on
your reply for 3 days before you let it rip.  Most will have either
forgotten, or will decide that maybe Private conversation is more
appropriate;  actually what will happen is there won't be a flame.

Alex has kept us on the "RFC Compliant" path many times.  This ML
needs to be more friendly, all of us are after the same things, there
isn't anything more destructive then driving people away, just because
someone is a little moody, Think... If the author was that way, we
probably wouldn't have anything new.   Thank god he isn't.  Thank God,
this only happens sometimes and usually everyone gets over it.  I
really haven't found one person that I couldn't live with, or at least
put up with their right to speak their opinion.

I only hope that BOTH parties, will email privately, apologize,
that Alex will come back, Alex has found more bugs than I ever will, I
don't want to see that go away, On the same token I see the other guy,
just continues on like nothing happened.  This isn't a war here.  It's
our emailer's future.   I don't particularly like watching Some of the
BEST people being chased away by teeth of snapping dogs.  I've emailed
alex, and asked him to come back.  I hope someone else can take the
initiative, and try to talk to either the moderator or Steve, and
straighten out the other half of this mess....I as a user of TB! loose
when this happens.    So let's not let it happen..

 PLEASE...

Of course, if Alex is going away to retirement, or has another reason
to leave..  I can understand that.   Otherwise I officially am asking
him to come back right now.

--
... Batting: The action of Sending an email with The Bat!
--- The Bat! 1.42 Beta/20 + 98Lite + Revenge of Mozilla II