Hello Sam,

On Thursday, July 28, 2016 you wrote:

SB> Thursday, July 28, 2016, 11:20:06 AM, Jack wrote:

JSL>> Well I finally made the leap to Win 10 before the cutoff date for the free
JSL>> upgrade (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) and it seems to have gone ok. Except -
JSL>> Whenever I try to close TB I get an error message which states:

JSL>> Cannot open file "C:\Program Files (x86)/The Bat!/jackADDRESSBOOK.INI

JSL>> Anyone else experience this after going to Windows 10, and if so, what
can be
JSL>> done about it? The only other hiccup I've seen is that the Windows
information
JSL>> macros no longer work as you can see from my sig.

SB> I'm not positive, but I'm guessing this is a permissions issue. The Program
SB> Files directories require special permissions to write into. If you click on
SB> your account in the tree in TB!, the pane that usually shows your email
SB> listing by folder will now show your acocunt settings. It'll list Program
SB> Mail Directory and Account Home Directory with Edit links on the far right.
SB> I think if change the Program Mail Directory to %APPDATA%\The Bat!\ that
SB> will point it to C:\Users\<your windows user name>\AppData\Roaming\The
SB> Bat!\. Once you've copied all your mail folders over to this directory, you
SB> can point your Account Home Directory(ies) appropriately.

In following your instructions I found that my settings were exactly as you
described, so that wasn't the problem.

In another post from MPFA he suggested that I might not be running TB! as an
administrator. To confirm, I right-clicked on the TB! .exe file and selected
"Run As Administrator" and sure enough, the problem disappeared. I'm pretty sure
my Win 7 user account was as an administrator so I never had to deal with a
problem like this. Apparently MS decided it was too dangerous for users to run
their computers as administrators and knocked everybody down a notch when they
switched to Win 10.

That said, the %WINDOWSPLATFORMNAME, %WINDOWSCSDVERSION macros still refuse to
work.

In any event, thanks for helping.

--
Regards,