Hello The Bat! developers,

  I'm using The Bat! Version 1.42f
  Serial Number 9816A64B
  under Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222  A
  and would like to report a bug

  The bug description:
    The Bat! often locks up if checking mail and the network
    connection is not available.

  Steps to reproduce the bug:
    Give an invalid IP address to your computer or an unreachable
    gateway or other such joyous thing.  Check mail.  On my computer,
    it *usually* locks The Bat! up solid.

    This is different from dial-up.  I have no dial-up available.
    Sometimes my internet gateway goes down, though, and DNS is on the
    "outside".  When my gateway goes down (or, as just happened, the
    hub in my office goes on the fritz), TB! crashes while checking
    mail.

Regards,
  Tom Plunket