Tuesday, August 08, 2000, 6:45:43 PM, you wrote:

JF> No one is going to dump TB because it doesn't do this (especially with
JF> ClipMate so available), not until *another* mail program comes along that does do
it,
JF> and also does all the other really neat things that TB does.

"No one"?! I'm on my 2nd day of evaluating TB, after being a PMMail
power user. So far I'm *not* pleased at the amount of work I'm having
to do to get fairly simple functionality. I *don't* want all the
verbiage thrown in by the default templates. (Now I know why I always
get these stupid, content-free, "Hi, Ken" things on the top of everyone's mail.)

Filters don't seem to work intuitively. Typing a piece of a To: string
doesn't seem to be matching. (Do I have to match the whole To:
string?) I can't apply a block of filters to a selection of messages
in an arbitrary folder.

TB also lacks PMMail's "filter builder" tool, in which one selects a
set of candidate messages and the filter builder creates a simple
filter based on the union of message senders. (OTOH, TB lets me create
the destination folder from the filter creation dialog, something
PMMail lacks.)

I want to be able to reply quoting just a selection of text from the
original message. Selecting the text and hitting Reply still quotes
the complete original message.

Now I've learned that I can't use my own editor simply to get around
missing features in the built-in editor, or to perform more advanced
composition, without laborious cut-and-paste.

I am not pleased. I expect I'll be uninstalling the eval copy today.
TB is probably a good upgrade from Netscape or OE, but at best it's a
big step sideways from PMMail, with some pretty serious tradeoffs to
get a few features that PMMail lacks. Maybe I'll return in a year to
see if things have improved.

--
Ken
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]