On Wed, 9 Aug 2000 14:19:27 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>Same reason I detested it in PMMail when they implemented it.  I C&P
>something in a message to something else and then hit reply.  Whoops, the
>entire message isn't there.  The assumption is that marked text in an email
>client's read window would only be used for a reply is simply not true.  First
>and foremost marked text is, in general, used for a variety of things.

Ok, I can see that. However, the frequency with which I use the
selective quote is far higher than my copying text to another app and
*then* replying. As I've said elsewhere, this should be a configurable
default to satisfy our different work styles. (And I've been bitten by
the same thing, but I just kill the composition window and try again
when that (occasionally) happens. Or start a new composition window
with full quoting and then C&P my additions from the botched one.)

Ken
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
http://www.harrybrowne2000.org/