Hello Chuck,

CM> ... it's hard to argue that the probability of value and relevance increase
CM> with one's familiarity with both the subject matter at hand and the
CM> fellow listmembers and, as you said, you are new here.

Thanks for agreeing with me!

Well...what is happening here in fact is the following: some users
that are around here a longer time feel that they somehow own this
group and make them self to authorities which they aren't. You are
no moderator, or whatever here, so why don't you just be quiet or make
real posts which some constructive information.
Yes, I'm new, so what? You want me to keep my mouth shut? No I won't.
I will tell you my opinion, right from the beginning, and do you know
what? I don't care about people like you that think I have to earn the
right to make criticism by staying here a while. No, I don't have to
earn that right! And I'm telling that to all of you older users that
think that they can bash me just because I'm a newbie. This group is
free and everyone can say his opinion. I'm not limited to asking
questions just because I'm new. Yes, I can critisize, why not? After
all I've used other email programs and have some Internet experience.
And just to add another information about newsgroups. If
newsreading is that bad, why will a newsreader be added to the next
version of the bat? At least this is what it says in the interview
with ritlabs. And I wonder how many asked for a newsreader in the
wishlist. Unfortunately the wishlist is not accessible right now(it
seems to be offline), so I
can't look it up. Maybe someone can provide us with this information.
      And I've seen it often that newbies are right even when their
opinions contradict the established wisdom, often because the
established wisdom hasn't been thought about, it's just there because
one of those older gurus has put it there...

 starc                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]