Hello Januk,

Tuesday, August 15, 2000, 8:08:12 AM, you wrote:

> In essence, what I found is that the scroll bars are calculated on
> the amount of text in the message. Have you noticed if you go to
> the beginning of these replies, then the text all fits into one
> screen?

It doesn't seem to make any difference whether the original message
contains 10 or 500 lines of text. The same thing happens every time -
i.e all the text (except from the last 4-5 lines), and the scrollbar
disappear. Always.

> I can reproduce the lack of scroll bar problem at will. Create a
> new message (or a reply, it doesn't matter). Type a couple of
> lines, enough so it all fits in one screen with no scrolling. Now
> use your keyboard keys (or scroll wheel mouse) to move down a few
> lines until your text is off screen. Notice how the scroll bars do
> not appear. This also happens with the horizontal scroll bar.

You are dead right. I haven't noticed this before.

> In your Note Tab Pro program, do you have a free caret interface
> active? I think this may be the source of the trouble.

With regard to the free caret interface, I wish I could say yes
because this is one of the things I love the most about TB! -but no,
NTP doesn't support it. What I can say for certain is, that in NTP,
this _only_ occur when pasting text from the clipboard, and also,
_only_ when pasting more text than fits into one screen.

BTW. In which version of TB! did this start to occur? I have used it
since 1.39 but I can't remember seeing this prior to my last upgrade
to 1.45.....but yes, I am an old and absent-minded kind of person, so
I might very well be wrong :)

Jan-Arild

--
"Drop your trousers here for best results."
       -In a Bangkok dry cleaner's