Hallo Jamie,

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000 16:21:12 +0100 GMT (14/08/2000, 23:21 +0800 GMT),
Jamie Dainton wrote:

JD> TO find what version it's running press [win] + [break]

Done.

JD> Choose device manager.

Here I got stuck. How do you spell that in Chinese? - Just kidding.
Can you describe the icon?

And by the way, I have managed to download IE 5.5 in English. Unlike
Netscpae, it displays web pages in English, German, Thai, Chinese...

I was hoping that I find language support for English Win98 somewhere
on the microsoft site; no such luck. I cannot imagine that the
difference between my Chinese Win98 and an English Win98 is more than
the Chinesee language driver plus a number of DLL's in which the menu
items are, like the .lng files in TB. Am I wrong?

JD>  Find your display driver and click on properties. Goto the
JD> section titled driver and click on the button marked Driver File
JD> Details. All the info you want should be there.

Since the manual is in English, let's hope the info is in English,
too. ;-)

JD> The S3 is an 8MB card from what i can remember though. VGA.drv is
JD> a old semi legacy driver.

How about S3LC2X.drv? In the same directory. File date stamp: 23 Dec
1998.

--

Cheers,
Thomas                             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.46 Beta/3
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
using an Intel Celeron 366Mhz, 128MB RAM