On Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:45:27 -0700, Januk Aggarwal wrote:

JA> So let me understand, you want TB to remember your preferred layout
JA> for every configuration that's available? Isn't that a lot of data
JA> to be stored? Or do you mean just the sizes of the preview pane, the
JA> message list and the account folder for every view?

If TB! will store message list column settings for each folder and also
for each folder views message list window, then why not store the
preview panes setting so that when you wish to toggle the preview pane
on and off, it doesn't go back to the default setting?

TB!'s search window originally didn't keep the user defined size. We
complained, we got retention of user defined sizing. The same needs to
happen for the preview window.

I also need to be able to save even one window layout as the default so
that if I switch to another layout, switching back to my default layout
will yield a layout with my own frame sizes etc. Now, if I switch to
another layout, I have to resize everything when I return the layout
that I was using before.

JA> I think I misunderstood.  I was thinking, if you *resize* a pane, how
JA> is TB going to remember your old size.

No, that's not what we mean. Turning off the preview window is not
resizing it. TB! should therefore remember the size it was before being
toggled off.

A>>> Come again? I thought, the needs of *end user(s)*.

JA> <snip>

>> Quite true.

JA> Not really.  RIT can only do so much, so they will first focus on
JA> issues that bother them as well.

That sounds like an OSS/Freeware statement. :-) WRT commercial software,
the customer comes or should come first. I'd think they would first
focus on the issues that affect most of their targeted users.

JA> They may be prompted by end users, but it is still their decision
JA> whether or not the problem is worth devoting any of their limited
JA> resources fixing or improving.

Sure.

JA> The seem to be doing a good job of this. Their target users appear
JA> to be Power users who care more about the capabilities of the
JA> program than details in the workings of its interface.

Ok, I'll give you that. :-)

- --
A. Curtis Martin..
Moderator TBUDL/TBBETA  |  PGP Key ID: 0xEE079937
PGP Key: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendAlliePGPKey
- ---
** "The most expensive component is the one that breaks. "
Using TB! v1.46d «» Win2k Pro SP1