On Thursday, September 21, 2000, 2:22:59 PM, Dierk wrote:

> BTW, I use Agent nearly exclusively as a newsreader. I don't think
> it is good for e-mail.

I, too, use Agent exclusively for newsreading, if for nothing else
but I needed multi-email account support from day one. My wife, then
girl friend, shared most of the same computers and all software on
them with me. In the early days, even my boss needed me to check
email for him from time to time.

> And I don't want those multi-purpose tattooing programmes like
> some others ;-).

While I agree I haven't seen one dual-purpose applications good
enough for me, I don't think it's by itself a bad idea, nor am I
against RIT's stated intention to try to make one. Email (with
mailing list in mind) and newsreading do command many of the same
functionality.

Again, it's a matter of development priority. For that matter, I
would agree newsreading ins't on top of my wish list.

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.47 Beta/5 | Win2k SP1