A Bat-fellow, A. Curtis Martin,
wrote on Friday, September 22, 2000 at 22:08:56 (GMT -0500),
which was Saturday 5:08 a.m. in Bratislava --

ACM> Me? I just make the necessary changes, ignoring the distortion of
ACM> the formatting. When I'm done, I hit Alt+L once and voila, text
ACM> is reflowed.

Not really, Allie. After you're done, you cannot hit ALT+L
immediately. First you need to *move the cursor* (one letter to the
right or left or up or down) and *only then* does ALT+L reflow the
entire paragraph. It's another of those infuriating aspects of The
Bat...

Rather than groping for those ARROW keys anytime I need to use the
ALT+L feature, I do as Januk does: toggling the CTRL+SHIFT+F
autoformat. But this has its negatives, too: for one thing, three keys
are far too many keys for a keyboard shortcut that you use every other
minute. Plus, the status bar doesn't show you whether auto-format is
currently switched on or off, and so you often bungle in editing your
posts anyway, having (for instance) started editing them while
auto-format was on and you thought it was switched off...

These things are flawed through and through, but what can you do? The
Bat is still the best email client out there. My comfort is the
following: The Bat, in its version 1.46, already accomplishes far more
and better than Outlook or Eudora in their versions 5. Indeed the
expectations for the Bat's Version 2 are high. (Not to mention
Versions 3 and 4 ;-))).

--
Yours,
Alex. of Slovakia

[flying with The Bat! 1.46 Beta/6
under Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
amd k6-2 500 mhz processor with 64 mb ram]