On Monday, September 25, 2000, 4:44:25 AM, A. wrote:

> Do you have your account mail folders on an entirely different
> partition like I do?

Yup! I first installed TB in Win98 on drive C (all my Win98
applications are there). My entire message base is on E partiton,
which is my data partition. Now I'm using TB in W2k, on F (which has
all my Win2k applications).

> If you have your account mail folders in the TB! installation
> directory as it is by default, and then move your TB! installation
> to another location, then I agree that all you have to do is
> change the working directory. If, however, you wish to move only
> your account mail folders leaving the TB! installation as is then
> you'll have to make changes to the .../Users Depot entry values.

I don't think so. The "Working Directory" should be for your message
base only. It has nothing to do with the program directory (which is
served by the ProgramDir and "Program Files" entries). Moving
message base (not including the program) on the same partition, or
to another partition, should make no difference.

AFAIK, the only occasion the "HKCU...\Users Depot\Dir #n" would be
used is when you move a specific account away from your message
base.

E.g., my message base is at "E:\Interet\TheBat", with several
accounts under it. If I move one account to "E:\Mingli\special",
then that directory information would be recorded in "HKCU...\Users
Depot\Dir #n". If I then move everything from drive E to drive G, I
would have to change both the "Working Directory" and the "Dir #n"
to make it work.

> Be that as it may, after all this, I do understand you now. ;-) If she
> has her account mail folders on drive E: from the start, and then
> install TB! in Win2k, then she'll be asked for a working directory where
> she can define the path to the mail folders on drive E:, making it
> unnecessary to make ..../Users Depot value changes.

Yup!

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.47 Beta/5 | Win2k SP1