Hi Allie,

On Sun, 24 Sep 2000 12:51:32 -0500GMT (25/09/2000, 01:51 +0800GMT),
A . Curtis Martin wrote:

ACM> <snip>
ML>> If memory serves (I, after all, installed TB for the first time
ML>> several months ago), TB would ask you for the location where you
ML>> would like to store your mail.

Right. But you don't have to uninstall TB and reinstall to change the
mail directory.

ACM> The other two times I moved my mail folders, I closed TB!, moved the
ACM> folders, edited the HKCU/Software/RIT/The Bat!/Users Depot entry values
ACM> appropriately and only then did I restart TB! to see things working as if
ACM> nothing had happened.

While this is a nice workaround, there is an easier way. I jsut moved
the mail directory from one of my accounts, and it worked as follows
from within TB:

1. Create the new directory on your HD. I did this on the same drive as
the previous one, but I am sure this works also with another drive.

2. Copy the whole Mail directory with all subdirectories over.

3. Start TB. Go to Account / Properties / Files&Directories.

4. Choose Home Directory / Browse. You guessed it, go to the directory
you have created.

5. Close the Account dialogue. The folders in the account don't show,
and you have zero messages. Exhale anyway.

6. Hit shft-crtl-alt-L.

7. If you have a problem with the filters, or the account properties
seemed to have disappeared, check whether all the account.* files are
where they should be. This wasn't the case, so I had to copy them over
from the old directory again, of course copied from another account's
directory and didn't understand the world. Don't do that. Copy from
the account you have moved.

8. Let us know whether it worked.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.46d
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.