On Sat, 23 Sep 2000 23:01:41 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

kinc> Ok... let me ask some more basic questions. I've now set up Win ME
kinc> on my C drive, Win 2000 on my D drive and plan to put Data files
kinc> on my E drive. I copied over from my old installation my registry
kinc> backup and my mail folder which for now is on the C drive. I've
kinc> now installed TB in Win ME but not in Win 2000 yet.

I assume that the registry backup that you have is for the installation
on drive C: with the mail folder also residing on drive C:

kinc> If I take the mail folder and move it to my E drive, do I need to
kinc> make changes to the registry so that it finds the mail folder on
kinc> the E drive? If so, what needs to be changed?

Yes, you do need to make changes!

In the registry you need to go to:

HKCU/Software/RIT/The Bat!/Users Depot
and
HKCU/Software/RIT/The Bat!/Attachment Directory

Under these sub-key you will see the paths to your mail folder/s. Change
the values to reflect the mail folders new location.

kinc> Then to install on my Win 2000 drive after I install the program
kinc> to that drive do I run on that drive the registry backup from the
kinc> ME drive? If so, what changes do I need to make since for that
kinc> install TB will be on the D drive?

You need to do the changes above, as well as change the paths defined by
the values for:

HKCU/Software/RIT/The Bat!/Address Book File
HKCU/Software/RIT/The Bat!/Program Files
HKCU/Software/RIT/The Bat!/ProgramDir
HKCU/Software/RIT/The Bat!/Working Directory

Change these paths to reflect that of the Win2k installation. You may
however have problems restoring the backup to Win2k because of the
format of the registry backup file. Good Luck.

- --
A. Curtis Martin..
Moderator TBUDL/TBBETA  |  PGP Key ID: 0xEE079937
PGP Key: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendAlliePGPKey
- ---
** "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. "
Using TB! v1.46d «» Win2k Pro SP1