On Monday, September 25, 2000, 12:04:52 PM, Susanne wrote:

> I think I found out, what was keeping the filter from working.
> It's one for a folder with mailing list posts. In the subject line
> every post automatically has (SA) added, and I wanted only the
> posts that had '(SA)Dues' in the subject line (not RE:(SA)Dues)
> filtered into a different folder.

So you mean you set your filter up like this:

String      Location     Presence
(SA)Dues    Subject      Yes
RE:         Subject      No

and it doesn't work, right? That's strange, for it looks pretty
logical to me. Do you use regular expression? Do you have other
conditions (perhaps to identify a particular mailing list)?

> I think the filter objected to the (SA) part.

That's strange. I just set up a filter as I described above and sent
myself a message with the subject line you described, and it worked.

> Once I deleted that part the filter appeared to work.
> Unfortunately the messages didn't get filtered into the
> designated folder, but seem to have vanished :}

(speechless)

You may want to try Marck's suggestion: delete the filter and start
over. Things are just plain weird sometimes.

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.47 Beta/5 | Win2k SP1