Sunday, November 26, 2000, Thomas Fernandez [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Nov 2000 18:57:12 -0500 GMT (26/11/2000, 07:57 +0800 GMT),
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

nnn>> I have a READ filter:  Source folder - TheBat.  Move to TheBat\Archive.
nnn>> Strings - TBUDL.  Presence - Yes.  Rule is "manual only".  Location was
nnn>> originally set to Sender, it didn't work; so I changed it to Kludge.
nnn>> Still doesn't work.

nnn>> When I click on Folder, Refilter, it goes through filtering, but no Read
nnn>> messages were moved.

> Does this little window that pops up when you manually filter show
> Number of Messages fitlered: more than zero?

Yes, 4.  Moved, 0.

> This means you have hits, and my usual mistake is that the I forget to
> set the destination folder so I filter the messages back into
> the origin folder.

The destination folder is set to \TheBat\Archive.

> If you don't have hits, something is wrong with your filtering string.
> Certainly the string TBUDL is present in every message header (kludge)
> on this list. I think you should have hits, as in: all message should
> be hit by that filter. I am not sure this is what you want, though.

Yes, I want all read messages moved to Archive folder when I do a manual
filter.

> The other thing I would suggest is to check both "read" as well as
> "replied". I don't know whether whether "read" also catches "replied"
> or not; just an idea.

Those were checked by default when I do the manual filter.

Regards,

JM

Thanks in advance

JM