Hello, the Bat! list recipients,

Monday, December 25, 2000, Thomas Fernandez wrote to OK3 on TBUDL about
Opinion: "Blind Copy" emails should warn / not allow reply to original recipient:

O>> Not really. RFC states that both CC and BCC recipients might be listed
O>> or not. That only depends on server administration preference wich are
O>> in  turn  based  on  tradition and common sence. But that doesn't mean
O>> that server which leaves BCC addresses in headers are breaking RFC.

TF> It wouldn't make sense to me to treat BCC address like CC addresses.
TF> anyway, which RFC are you and syafril referring to? Let's look it up.
TF> ;-)

It  was  a  long  time  since  I  read it, so I had a mess in my head.
RFC-822  only  states  that  BCC  addresses may be shown to another BCC
addressees.  I  don't remember where did I read about that CC field is
not required to be included.

---8<-----------------------------------------------------------------
     4.5.3.  BCC / RESENT-BCC

        This field contains the identity of additional  recipients  of
        the  message.   The contents of this field are not included in
        copies of the message sent to the primary and secondary  reci-
        pients.   Some  systems  may choose to include the text of the
        "Bcc" field only in the author(s)'s  copy,  while  others  may
        also include it in the text sent to all those indicated in the
        "Bcc" list.

Oleg Zalyalov.                         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  Using The Bat! version 1.48f
  under Windows NT 4.0 Build 1381 Service Pack 6