Hallo Douglas,

On Tue, 26 Dec 2000 10:12:03 -0600 GMT (27/12/2000, 00:12 +0800 GMT),
Douglas Hinds wrote:

DH> That was fine. But I've need to run an evaluation key in order for
DH> it to let me program it to cure or delete or rename the bug. As is
DH> it only lets me lock up or shut down, not exactly what I want to do
DH> while downloading.

<g> So they make you pay before they make it work. But they do want to
show you what you are missing... or not missing: they give you the
scare. "You should have paid and gotten the key, then your PC wouldn't
be down the drain" kind of way. LOL!

DH> (I hope that looking at it as I did in Notepad is safe).

It usually would, even though I don't know that particular virus.
Viruses need to be run, started, executed, whatever, to work, but
looking at them wouldn't start the code.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

"You shake milk in a big stirrer machine to make it homicidal."

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.48f
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
using an Intel Celeron 366Mhz, 128MB RAM