Hi Januk,
(Folder)

  On Wednesday, January 03, 2001 18:34:44 -0800 you wrote the
  following in regards to "TB! v1.48f - ABxxxPPP problem":

Januk> You're sure there isn't a duplicate entry for this person, right?
Januk> If you just created an entry, there probably is no duplicate.  So that
Januk> begs the question, how did you create the entry?  Did you manually
Januk> type in the address?  Is it possible that you made a typo in either
Januk> the AB entry or the new message?

 Maybe it would be worthwhile describing my AB setup.

   The bulk of the names came from an import from OE5.5 & I have
   discovered some mistakes. Ex: First & Last Name on the First Name
   entry point, etc. However, this does not apply to the particular
   entry under discussion.

   New entries are usually added via CTRL-W but then I usually go
   into the entry to make additions, add to groups, enter a handle
   if available, etc.

   In the case of the problem entries, I have checked for typos
   without success.

   However, I have noticed that many of these problem replies are
   from eGroups but I don't see why that would make a difference to
   the ABxxxPPP macro assuming, of course, the person to whom I'm
   replying is entered in my AB.

   Like everyone, I have a main AB. This AB is the one that gets all
   the additions.

   Then I have groups. Some entries belong to several groups as for
   ex: Home, Home Xmas List. I enter them in the groups by using the
   add to groups dialogue @ the entry level. If I do an F7 AB search
   on some of the names I have trouble with, search doesn't produce
   duplicates however those entries that belong to different groups
   appear on those lists. So is this a duplicated entry & if so, how
   do I get around this. Maybe there is a better AB construction you
   can suggest.

   |---- end AB description ----|

   In the case of this msg to you, I deleted the AB level reply
   template for TB! & moved it to the Tech Group folder & entered
   the "word" folder to identify the template's source. As you can
   see it worked.

>>   Is it possible we are dealing with a bug in this macro?

Januk> That's always possible.  But since this seems to be limited to your
Januk> situation, perhaps there is some little configuration thing we're
Januk> missing.

  Although this is certainly a possibility, its also possible that
  others don't share my setup which, as you say, could be "really
  obscure". In either case, I'd say there is something squirrely
  going on that shouldn't be.

Januk> It could be something so obvious that we're all missing it,
Januk> or it could be really obscure.

  I hope you don't give up on this quite yet, Januk.

  Thanks.

--
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield, CT USA