Hello Jan,

On  Tue, 2 Jan 2001  at  08:52:59 GMT -0500 (which was 5:52 AM
where I live) witnesses say Jan Rifkinson typed:

>   In the TB! folder I inserted:
>     Hi %ABofromHANDLE='%ABofromFIRSTNAME="Hi %OFROMFNAME"',
>     Something:

>   Then I responded to your msg. Here you can see the result.
>   As there is no "Something:" I haven't the vaguest idea where TB!
>   is getting the template.

Hmm, check to see if you have a folder level template.  Or maybe your
account default template is wrong?  Do you use the %ACCOUNT macro in
any of your templates?

<snip>
>   As you can see, I gave you a familiar middle name with this msg
>   as the result.

Well if you don't see the "Something:" then, it isn't likely that
anything else will behave as expected, right? :-)

>   I also went to my inbox where I rcv *non-list* msgs. There I found
>   a msg,

Ok, so it doesn't look like a folder template, check your account
templates.  How many accounts do you have in TB?  Have you recently
made any changes in the account structure (eg Number of TB accounts,
where the accounts point, etc)?  Have you recently played with any of
the files in your Mail directory using tools other than TB?  Have you
recently restored from a backup?

>   There were no duplicates for any of the 3 AB entries. I confirmed
>   this by doing an F7 search of all my ABs.

Interesting.

>   Hmmmmmmmm.

Indeed.  Let's hope we can find some clues here.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

 Using The Bat! 1.48f