----------------------------------
On Tuesday, January 09, 2001, 11:12:08 PM, Andrey G. Sergeev (AKA Andris) wrote:

AGSAA> Personally I don't think you're going against the rules of this ML when
AGSAA> you're trying to discuss some topics like one you were raised. However
AGSAA> this particular topic have been discussed more than 10 times in my mind
AGSAA> with the same and the sad result: it ended up with the holy war and the
AGSAA> flame war :-(. Sad but true (C) RIT Labs.

AGSAA> There are several ways to stop this useless HTML-with-images talks
AGSAA> forever.

Andrey - (and everyone else):
Those of us who have joined the list relatively recently have no way
of knowing which issues and topics have been discussed here before. In
fact, because the volume of mail from this list is so high, I cannot
possibly read all of the mail that comes in currently - so it would be
easy to miss a topic. (I just filter the list into a folder in
threaded form, read the posts under subject topics that look like they
might interest me, and delete the rest).

The ONLY answer is a good online FAQ, combined with automated
distribution to the list of the links to the FAQ, as a reminder to new
users to check the FAQs before posting.  The fact that a subject seems
to be one that has been exhaustively debated in the past would
indicate that it is something that should be included in the FAQs.

-Abigail