Hello Nick,

On Thursday, August 02, 2001 at 7:03:40 AM you wrote (at least in part):

NA> I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but you can always leave the "Source
NA> Folder" and "Move messages to Folder" boxes the same.
[...]
NA> I must admit, I'm a little confused. What exactly are you wanting to do
NA> with your messages by way of your filtering? Perhaps if we knew that, we
NA> could be of more help.

I think I understood what -Bob wanted to ask and I think I've a similar
problem :-(

Following scenario:
I've created a filter 'From Me' that should filter for messages sent by
myself and than continue processing other filters. That's why it's the first
one. The filter does not move any message, it just apply a color group the
matched messages and mark them read. They should not be moved or something
else.
The filter works fine right now when messages come in. They become colored,
marked read, other filters are processed.
The other filters do move several mail from several mailing lists to the
corresponding folders.
Before I had created the 'From Me' filter messages from myself were moved to
the mailing list folders without being signed special like now.
I wanted to apply the 'From Me' filter manually to the folders to mark
messages from me after they already resist in the right folder and what
happens? Of course they become moved to my Inbox.
The only work around was to modify the 'From Me' filter and change the
destination folder the the folder I wanted to filter on. As I wanted to filter
6 folders I had to change the filter rule 7 times; 6 times to change the right
destination folder, 1 time to change it back to 'Inbox'.
That's (not very, but it is) annoying :-(
I have _no- chance to tell the filter:
'Source Folder equals Destination Folder, because there are other actions
_EXCEPT_ moving done with the message'

It's not I expect this feature in next Beta-release, but it would be nice if
we could use it before v2 comes out as nobody knows _when_ v2 will be
available :-)
--
Regards
Peter Palmreuther                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Those who can, do; those who can't, simulate.