Hello Thomas F,

On  Wed, 5 Sep 2001 at 01:57:12 GMT +0800 (which was 9/5/2001 12:57 AM
where you think I live) you told to the list :

> Taking your forum analogy, the "... on list" is equivalent to saying:
> "To the contribution made by Syafril, I would like to add/reply/..."
> Thus, it is clear whose contribution you refer to (this is actually
> quite normal in forums in my own experience), and has nothing to do
> with whispering.

Okay taken like that, why it should be redundancy, either on TO:
<address> and on the body text ?

Please  note,  the  problem  comes  from the TO: Real Name <list name>
which  annoying others members, why your great and good answer must be
include  that  "bad"  things (from others POV), you make resistance by
yourself :-)

- Syafril -