Saturday, December 29, 2001, 3:53:46 PM, you wrote:

RP> Hello Sebastian,

S>> If I do that though, it just destroys my format. Say I have one
S>> line with a header, then two spaces, then a text, and after 2 more
S>> spaces a footer - I would have to select 3 times and do alt-l -
S>> come on, it's almost 2002, is that all that is possible?

RP> Yes, that's what we get in 2002 with The Bat! Sad but true :-(

RP> The editor in TB is rather disatrous in many respects, but what some
RP> people, including myself, consider as poor design is generally seen as
RP> brillant by the members of this list, particularly those who like to
RP> design pretty little tables and indulge in useless ASCII art. Go
RP> figure...

RP> Cheers,
RP> Rmi Pach

I can't help wondering if the programmers are indulging the nerd,
sorry, expert, users at the expense of the rest of us in this
'feature'. Agent, for example, seems to do this simple task without
the need for weird key combinations every time you paste stuff in or
thing that stops me recommending The Bat to friends who are accustomed
to the ease of use of more run of the mill mail programs.

My suggestion would be a configurable option so that the editor can
behave either way - this would satisfy both camps. The auto-wrap
feature as it stands is just not good enough, imho.

John Rainer