On 29 December 2001 at 4:22 pm John wrote:

> I can't help wondering if the programmers are indulging the nerd,
> sorry, expert, users at the expense of the rest of us in this
> 'feature'. Agent, for example, seems to do this simple task without
> the need for weird key combinations every time you paste stuff in or
> thing that stops me recommending The Bat to friends who are accustomed
> to the ease of use of more run of the mill mail programs.

> My suggestion would be a configurable option so that the editor can
> behave either way - this would satisfy both camps. The auto-wrap
> feature as it stands is just not good enough, imho.

Agreed - it has a large number of options, but life is just too
short to explore them all and their interactions with one another. I
have editor settings I'm happy with, but I couldn't explain how I got
to those settings (probably trial and error in the past).

Like many facilities in TB! "beginner" and "expert" approaches would
be useful although hard work to implement; the program is phenomenally
powerful but all of that power is (potentially) exposed no matter who
the user is.

Alastair