On Wednesday, March 27, 2002, 3:39:25 AM, Marck wrote:

MDP> Hi Chris,

MDP> @26 March 2002, 18:34:09 +0100 (17:34 UK time) Chris Lilley wrote in
MDP> [EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

MDP> Just to clarify one more thing...

>>   In 1.60, reply still works the same and reply to all replies to
>>   From, Cc *and Sender* fields.

MDP> I see what you mean by this now having tested it. It makes a real mess
MDP> on the old fashioned/*nix style lists.

Yes, the lists are unix lists (debian linux) run using smartlist.

MDP> I'm not sure what would be best
MDP> to do here. The change appeared in Beta 8:

MDP> [*] The Sender field is used first when no Reply-To specified

Ok. And as you say, opinions differ on whether it is right or wrong -
my question is, is this configurable?

MDP> but nobody took any kind of exception to it at that time and it was
MDP> introduced to cover a behaviour shortfall.

MDP> As to whether or not it messes up replying to these old-school lists,
MDP> I've always found that a carefully crafted set of folder templates
MDP> gets round the problem.

Hmm can you point me to some help pages that says how I would set that
up? Does it mean all mail from such lists has to be filtered off into
particular folders,so replying from inbox would not work?

MDP> Is it right? Is it wrong? My guess is that it's as wrong as HTML mail.
MDP> And we all know how many sides there are to that argument. I
MDP> personally have no firm opinion on this one, other than that it works
MDP> right for me most of the time (and I deal with a fair amount of mail
MDP> and a fair amount of lists).

OK, and I respect that. My problem is that it works wrong for me 99%
of the time and I process a couple of megabytes of mail a day so a
solution that did not involve manually editing the headers of most
mails or downgrading back to 1.53 would be appreciated.

--
 Chris                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]