At Thursday, May 2, 2002, 9:39:45 PM, Michael wrote:
> Wednesday, May 1, 2002, 10:12:33 PM, Marck scribbled:

MDP>> Sounds like you've got something weird in your startup procedure or
MDP>> some kind of fail-safe restoring the registry behind your back.
MDP>> Whatever. It's nothing to do with The Bat! The Bat! is the victim, not
MDP>> the culprit.

> When I worked at a large fast-food place, they had something like
> that. It would check the PC each morning and remove "unauthorized"
> software. It was stopped after the CEO lost his Palm desktop and sync
> software.

SysAdmins tend to be a menace.  Safer to remove their rights to write
to your registry and disks, especially if you write code.
</sysadmin troll>

This might help identify the culprit - it displays registry activity
as it happens, with the process that did it.
<http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/regmon.shtml>

--
 Mike                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! v1.60i on Windows 2000