Hello Thomas!

On Monday, May 20, 2002 at 6:39:51 AM you wrote:

> With any good style you have to hit return twice when you start a new
> paragraph. Even on a mechanical typewriter.

Nothing to do with good style (have a look at printed material like
books). It's all about readability of manuscript formats. I always
hate those business letter empty line for a new paragraph. But in
e-mail and manuscript (both using fixed-pitch fonts and several other
needed formatting) it is not just useful but necessary.

--
Dierk Haasis
http://www.Write4U.de

PGP keys available: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendMyPGPkeys

The Bat 1.60k on Windows 95 4.0 1212 C

If you think that thinking the earth is spherical is just as wrong as
thinking the earth is flat, then your view is wronger than both of
them put together. (Isaac Asimov)