Tuesday, June 11, 2002

Hello tbudl,

I recently moved my email program from my home to my office and at
present still download in both locations (leaving data on the server)
till I am happy all mail is here.

I tried several things but easiests seemed to be to be to just burn a
cd with the bat directory and reinstall the Bat on top of it...

I suspect my cdrom burning messed up mailbox names as
THE BAT TBUDL was changed into  THE_BAT_TBUDL and so on and NO emails
were find in the box.
On checking the cd data WAS present so I went to the process of
importing box by box.
So I found out the hard way that mail imported goes to the box which
happens to be selected....

While presumably the burning sw / options may have created the _ in
the names and thus maybe the data not being there (empty mailboxes),
I had about 570 mb of mail and many many boxes.
In the end I imported all data one by one into the in box and reran
the filtering process....

Comments on above apreciated.

Secondly, isnt there an option somewhere to import ALL the mail in one
go... I mean it got rather boring to go trough these boxes one by
one... Or maybe a list of boxes to import, mark which one to import...

I likely can do tests for another week but by that time I will have
split my mailboxes up in such a way that there will not be overlap
between the 2 systems...

tracer

Using theBAT 1.60m
NO MICROSOFT VIRUS INFECTIONS